Sunday, November 25, 2007

Stuff The Ballot Boxes & Vote The Graveyards

Hot damn. The writings here have been nominated as Best Teacher Blog 2007. Unlike William Tecumseh Sherman in 1881, I formally accept the nomination, and stand prepared to fulfill all duties required of the position.

If you're feeling moved, go cast a ballot.

If you're not burnt out, go cast one for Dan.


Day 2 results: Garnering 9% of the vote. Single digits. It's rough sledding.

More results: Races too close to call. Voting now with new hidden results feature.

Final results: Garnered a fourth place finish with just 11% of the vote. I'd like to thank all the young people who came out to work on this campaign, and I'd especially like to thank the voters for selflessly doing their civic duty. Unfortunately, given the nature of these results, I cannot justify continuing the campaign in South Carolina. I urge you all not to give up hope or lose heart. And never, never "doubt that a small group of commited people can change the world; indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." God bless you. And God bless America.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I voted. Do I get a sticker? : )

Best of luck or break a red pen or whatever good juju phrase is appropriate for the situation. You say good things, and you say them well, glad you're getting a little limelight for it.

HoosierTeacher

7:09 PM  
Blogger Kilian Betlach said...

Thanks. I appreciate.

7:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I literally sat there and voted for you for twenty minutes the other day and had you a lot higher than that. Clearly other people have way more time on their hands than I do... Sorry!

5:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey there -

really enjoyed your novel, and love what you're working towards here. inspiration is a colorful thing.

keep striving,
Sarah (piggybacker stumbling through the streets of SF . . . aka khavul's friend)

7:47 AM  
Blogger Kilian Betlach said...

Yeah, there was a time when I had like 40%, then it all came crashing down. I think blogs like this will struggle against those that are classroom blogs, where the kids blog themselves, etc.

What's up Sarah? Thanks for the kind words. Keep on keeping. Them streets seem mighty fine.

8:13 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations and best of luck with the voting!

Mike

12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home